Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Three layouts by Marie-Josée Hamel

Hello, Blue Fern Studios fans! I am so glad to once again be part of the Blue Fern Studios design team this year. Last year was amazing and I am sure 2015 will be just as fantastic, with tons of new products to work with. I am grateful to have the chance to share my projects here with you each month and I hope you will find them inspiring.

You can also visit my personal blog, Les créations de mariemily (in French and English). There, you will find many more projects I create with Blue Fern Studios chipboards and papers.

Without further ado, here are the three projects I want to share with you today.

"Memories" layout

For this project, I decided to go with the industrial look and to use NO flowers, a big challenge for me! :)

I started with the Circuitry and Software Pieces chipboards, which I glued to my background, the Calling Cards paper from the Sanctuary collection.




Then, I applied a thin coat of gesso with a sponge and sprayed various colors of ink all over my chipboard.

I also stamped lots of patterns, using various stamps and black ink, on top of the chipboards and on the background.




I altered the Faucets and Hooks and Keys chipboards with black ink and added them to my layout.




I put the Memories frame from the Memory Frames set on top of my photo.




"Happy" layout

For this layout, I used the Leslie's Dream paper from the Ombre Dreams collection for my background, which I altered with Gelatos and various mists.



While it was drying, I altered the Ruth's Doily chipboard as well as two pieces of the Mini Flourishes chipboard set with white gesso. I also stamped black archival ink directly on the word Happy, from the Laughter, Happy, Smile chipboard set. Here are some close-up views of those pieces.






"Smile" layout

For this layout, I used the Fairyland paper from the Montage collection for my background.

 
I glued the Ups and Downs Panel on top of it, on which I applied a tiny coat of white gesso. I used diluted Gelatos to add splashes of color. Then, I sprayed eight differents colors of mists on top.

The title is made with the word Smile from the Laughter, Happy, Smile chipboard set, altered with black spray ink. Here a few close-ups of my layout.





3 comments:

  1. MJ these are just wonderful projects and it's so lovely to be back on team with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All are so different! I am partial to the 1st ONE...IT is a WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing my chipboard designs in action. Really like how you used gesso going to try that on my next layout.

    ReplyDelete