Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Altered Art--with Keren Tamir



Hi Everyone,
Its Keren here with two altered projects for the Blue Fern Studios blog.

For my first project I created a pair of mermaid shadow boxes by altering two 6x6  canvases. I have a step by step video tutorial below to show you how I created them.



Here is the step by step video tutorial below:



I used two 6x6 canvases and reversed them to create the shadow box effect.
I love creating these type of projects as they are perfect for displaying on a mantlepiece.


I used the Seaside Cottage collection and various embossing powders and glitters to embellish these canvases.

I used real shells and starfish as embellishments and even added some netting to make it look as if it is under the sea.





<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>


My second project this month is an altered paint brush.



I took a wide old paint brush and embellished it using many different types of chipboard pieces. 



I took a wide old paint brush and embellished it using many different types of Blue Fern Studios chipboard .




I used pieces from the following chipboard sets: Cogs and Gears, Moving Parts, Roman Clock and Wind up.
I also used one of the Tattered Butterflies as the focus and then I cut the chipboard word Heart to get the word Art. It was perfect for this piece and I still have the word "he" for another project.


The chipboard and paint brush was first covered in black gesso and then embossed with the following Blue Fern Studios embossing powders: Peacock, 14 Karat, Heavenly and Magenta.
Finally I added some touches of gold paint to fill in the areas where the embossing powders could not reach.





Thank you so much for visiting the Blue Fern Studios Blog
Have a wonderful day!!

Keren
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment