Wednesday, April 18, 2018

April Inspiration - Megan

Hi Blue Fern Fans :)

Today I have two layouts to share with you, and one storage solution :) and for each project Ive used a different collection.
I recently found this photo hiding in my photo stash and had to use it; my wee Dougal <3 when he was a puppy peering over the temporary gate - he's 14 now!
This project uses two pieces of Optimistic from the new In the Mood Collection.


To create the background I have cut several of the 'diamonds' from the second piece of paper, inked the edges with a grey ink pad and popped them up with foam dots.  Ive also splattered pink and white paint over the page, and randomly stamped with grey ink.  The heart at the centre of the title has been painted pink and then covered in glitter.


I used two different chipboard designs, one to enhance the focal point of my photo and the other to give extra depth and interest to the page.  Each piece uses a different embossing powder which helps separate each piece from the other.


Printed chipboard is so versatile, here Ive just taken two of the printed chipboard pieces and layered them on top of each each, and Ive also used the circle pieces to help pop the photo up, giving more depth, and leaving just enough out for extra embellishment.


Products Used

Patterned Paper: 
In The Mood - Optimistic

Printed Chipboard:
In the Mood

Glitter:
Pink Diamond

Chipboard:
Chelsea Vines
Eclectic Hearts

Embossing Powder:
Pink Dust
Snow

Seedlings:
Tickled

Stamps:
Tattered Newsprint
Remnants Collage



My second project uses two more cute boys ;) and this time the Wanderlust Collection.  The paper I used is Memento.


This time my background was created by spreading clear gesso over it and when dry spritzing with water and using different powders.  Again I have randomly stamped all around my composition.


Layers beneath the photo were created using the Calling Cards, and popping chipboard scraps between the layers.  A little chipboard can go a long way - I had one piece of Printer Bits left - I chopped this into three pieces, layering each piece on top of the Circle Groups chipboard.  The filmstrip was also a scrap piece left over.


Here you can see the depth created by all the layers.


The chipboard was embossed with Hot Cocoa and Wheat embossing powders.  The Beaded String and the filmstrip were coloured using rust pastes.

Products Used

Patterned Paper:
Wanderlust - Momento, Calling Cards

Stamps:
Journey

Chipboard:
Circle Groups
Beaded Strings
Printer Bits

Embossing Powder:
Hot Cocoa
Wheat

Seedlings:
Gold Nugget
Paprika




For my third and final project I wanted to create something to store my bottles of seedlings, embossing powders and glitters and I found the drawers at our local Warehouse.   This time I used the Remnants Collection.


Highgate patterned paper was used to cover the sides and the top of the drawers.  The white and grey woven pattern on the drawers was already there, I just covered the drawer handles with glitter.


To give the butterfly dimension, I sprayed it with water and curved the wings while wet.  When it was dry it was simply painted.


The berries on the end of the leaves I dipped in seedlings - they look like grapes!


The flourish underneath the cluster was from the Printed Chipboard set - this was simply painted to match the overall colour scheme.

Products Used

Patterned Paper:
Remnants - Highgate

Printed Chipboard:
Remnants

Chipboard:
Brigitte Butterfly Set

Seedlings:
Purple Haze

Flowers:
Late Winter Lillies
Spring Peony & Berries
Moody Florals
Glitter:
In the Forest


I hope theres been something there to inspire you today :)  til next time ............................ xx

No comments:

Post a Comment